Deputy Director for Programs and Administration
The New York City-based Center for Traditional Music and Dance (CTMD) is pleased to announce that it is seeking interested candidates for a newly-created position, Deputy Director for Programs and Administration.
Reporting to CTMD’s Executive Director, the Deputy Director will be responsible for managing key aspects of the organization’s programs and administrative functions.
1. Program research/development and implementation
2, Development/fundraising/grant reporting
3. Administrative and office operations
4. Archival oversight
5. Partner/constituent relations
8. Supervision of staff
1. Master’s or Ph.D. in folklore, ethnomusicology, dance ethnography or related field.
2. Five years’ experience developing/implementing public folk arts programs.
3. Strong oral and written communication skills.
4. Experience with grant writing, reporting, and cultivation of individual and institutional funders.
5. Demonstrated leadership skills and managerial ability.
6. Experience with preparation and administration of budgets.
7. Technical skills and experience working with Microsoft Office applications (or equivalent, particularly spreadsheets), and internet-based applications for social media and eBlasts.
A leading arts organization serving New York City for almost five decades, the Center for Traditional Music and Dance (CTMD) partners with the city’s immigrant communities to nurture and preserve diverse performing arts traditions and share them with the wider public.The Center develops and presents research-based performance and educational programs for general and specific community audiences, collaborates with cultural institutions, documents traditions, produces audio and video recordings, maintains an extensive archive, promotes performance opportunities and builds support for community-based cultural expression.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please email cover letter and resume by January 15, 2016 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(please put “Deputy Director Application” in the email subject)
The Center for Traditional Music and Dance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.